By Laura Lea Goldberg
Total time: 45 min.
**Required: Candy thermometer
• 1/4 cup chopped dark chocolate (I use 72%)
• 1/4 cup raw cacao powder OR cocoa powder
• 3 tablespoons roasted unsalted almonds
• 1/4 cup honey
• 1/3 cup coconut oil
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
• pinch sea salt for garnish
1. Line a loaf tin with parchment paper, leaving several inches to hang over the sides. Sprinkle chopped chocolate along the bottom of the loaf tin in an even layer.
2. In a food processor or high-powered blender, combine cacao or cocoa powder and almonds and pulse until it forms a fine crumbly meal;
it should be difficult to detect the almonds. Set aside.
3. Add honey and coconut oil to a small sauce-pot and bring to a boil. Add candy thermometer and bring to 250 degrees Fahrenheit or 120 degrees Celsius. Immediately remove from the heat and stir in cacao/almond mixture, as well as vanilla extract.
4. Pour mixture over chocolate into the loaf tin in as even a layer as possible. Tear off any excess paper and freeze for 30 minutes, or refrigerate for approximately an hour, until chocolate is firm and set. Slice into desired pieces and enjoy! Keep leftover chocolate in the refrigerator.
For more information: www.llbalanced.com