By Laura Lea Goldberg
• 2 cups raw walnuts
• 4-5 tablespoons cocoa powder (I use 5)
• 1½ cups Medjool dates pitted (make sure they are juicy!)
• 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
• 1 tablespoon coconut oil
• 1/4 teaspoon sea salt (plus more for garnish)
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
In a food processor, pulse together walnuts and 4 tablespoons cocoa powder until they form the consistency of crumbled chocolate cookies. Add remaining ingredients and pulse until mixture is sticky and holds together; this should only take 10-15 seconds.
Turn dough out onto a baking sheet and roll into whatever size balls you like. Mine are approximately 1 ½” in diameter. Sprinkle with extra sea salt, if using. Freeze, gently covered with plastic wrap, for 20 minutes OR refrigerate for 1 hour before enjoying. Keep leftovers tightly sealed in the refrigerator up to 1 week.
For more information: www.llbalanced.com