By Yvonne Tally, Your Fit Gourmet
• 4 (4-5oz) salmon fillets – fresh wild salmon
• juice of 1 lemon – cut lemon in half and set aside
• 1/2 cup dry white wine – optional
• 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 1 scallion – chopped medium fine
• 2 tablespoon Italian parsley – chopped
• optional: 1 cup chicken stock – store bought may be used
• course sea salt
• cracked pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400°F
2. Heat olive oil in pan over medium high heat on the stove top. Season the salmon with pepper, place in pan skin side up. Reduce heat to medium and cook for about 3-5 minutes. Turn over and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
3. Move pan from heat and squeeze the juice from the lemon halves over salmon and add wine. Return to heat and let reduce for 1 minute. Finish in the oven, about 6-8 minutes, depending on desired doneness.
4. Don’t waste those bits and pieces in the bottom of the pan.
See Tips for Entertainment Fabulous /quick pan sauce.
5. The Plate: Place the cauliflower saute in the middle of the plate and place the salmon on top. Garnish with the chopped parsley and scallions.
Recipe courtesy of Cook Eat Share, The World’s largest kitchen. www.cookeatshare.com