By Karina Hammer, Certified Holistic Wellness Coach
I recently completed a 27 day juice cleanse sponsored by Juice Bar. I lost weight, had more energy, my thoughts were clearer, and reset my cravings. Here are some of the many benefits of doing a juice cleanse:
● Rest the stomach – Juices require less energy to digest. Remember to gently chew your juice to stimulate oral enzymes to further ease digestion.
● Rest and repair the gut – Doing a juice cleanse allows nutrients to be assimilated quickly through the intestine – repairing the gut itself.
● Detox and cleanse – By providing the body with nutrient dense foods, juicing allows the body to have more of the resources it needs to support the phases of detoxification, and even begin to help remove the cumulative toxins stored in the body.
● Boost your immune system – Taking a break from digesting food, the body can focus its energy on healing the body.
● A great supplement for weight loss – You will naturally lose weight. A juice cleanse (three days minimum) is a great way to jumpstart a diet. It not only helps control appetite and cravings, but is naturally lower in calories, while supplying the body with more energizing and healing nutrients.
● Increase your energy, mood and mental focus – After the first 1-3 day adjustment period (detox and any coffee/alcohol cessation symptoms), most people begin to feel much more energy and clarity.
● Improve your overall health – You may feel relief of many chronic symptoms, such as headaches, rashes, acne, inflammation, congested sinuses and chest, and bloating/cramping/gas.
Karina Hammer is a Certified Holistic Wellness Coach, Co-Host of the Magnetic Heart Radio Show, Co-Founder of Nashville Integrative Health, Juice Bar Wellness Expert and Educator.
Karina is available for phone or personal consultations to guide you in your juice cleanse journey. www.karinahammer.com